Not only will the start of the summer season bring perfect swimming, hiking, biking, and boating weather to New Hampshire’s Lakes Region, but it will also bring favorite annual events like tent sales, sailboat races, and the famous Laconia Motorcycle Week, which will be celebrating its 90th anniversary this year.
In the beginning of the month, there is a romantic getaway package being offered by the Lighthouse Inn Bed & Breakfast in Laconia. For visitors wishing to attend the New England Brewfest at the end of June, the Kancamagus Lodge in Lincoln is offering a fantastic package deal.
Some of the events happening in the Lakes Region this June include:
• Bald Eagle Adventure Cruises at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center. Each Tuesday through June 25. View these magnificent birds in their natural habitat.
• 1920’s Lawn Party – June 6 at the Castle in the Clouds. Guests will don hats, gloves, and vintage attire to be transported in time for an afternoon.
• Laconia Motorcycle Week – June 8-16. Hundreds of thousands of riders from the nation and the world travel to Laconia every year to experience this week full of motorcycle events and culture.
• Pre-Summer Craft Show at the Tanger Outlets in Tilton, NH. June 22-23. The show will feature over 80 crafters and will be held rain or shine. Free parking and admission.
• Soling One-Meter National Championship at the NH Boat Museum in Wolfeboro, NH. June 22-23. 36 sailboat races are scheduled throughout this two-day event. Register to race online or come to watch on the day of the event.
• New England Brewfest at the Lincoln Village Shops in Lincoln, NH. June 29. Breweries from across New England gather for sampling with live entertainment, craft beer education programs, great food, and exhibits offering brew paraphernalia and souvenirs.
• Summer Kickoff at the Annalee Outlet in Meredith, NH. June 29. Annalee offers their signature brand of dolls and keepsakes at extremely low prices at their annual tent sale.
These are only some of the events that will be kicking off the summer season in the Lakes Region of New Hampshire. For more Lakes Region events, visit the event calendar or LakesRegion.org.
The Lakes Region Tourism Association is the official tourism board of the region, representing close to 100 communities, 273 lakes and ponds, and more than 400 businesses in central New Hampshire, including area attractions, restaurants, retail establishments and accommodations. For more information or visitors guides, visit LakesRegion.org, facebook.com/NHLakesRegion or follow on Twitter. The LRTA office is at Exit 20 on Route 3 in Tilton, and it can be reached by calling (800) 60-LAKES.